cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do I replace the deprecated Geometric Tolerance methods removed in Creo 9?

AP_10020314
2-Guest

How do I replace the deprecated Geometric Tolerance methods removed in Creo 9?

With Creo 9 removing the deprecated Gtoldata API methods, it's not clear to me how to get all the same data points we were previously.

It seems relatively clear how to replace the "has a specific symbol" methods like ProGtoldataDiameterGet() and ProGtoldataMatCondGet() by searching the value strings returned by ProGtolCompositeGet() for the strings returned by ProGtolSymbolStringGet(). However, I have no clue how I'm supposed to parse those value strings to get the same data provided by ProGtoldataPerUnitGet() and ProGtoldataProjZoneGet(). I would like specific instructions clarifying this for each return value of the deprecated methods.

I also have many more specific questions the documentation didn't answer. Specifically:
Is it true that ProGtolValueStringGet() returns the exact same string as the first value in the value array returned by ProGtolCompositeGet()?
Is it true that the primary/secondary/tertiary strings returned by ProGtolDatumReferencesGet() are exactly the same as the first value from each of the corresponding arrays returned by ProGtolCompositeGet()?
How do I use the strings returned by ProGtolDatumReferencesGet()/ProGtolCompositeGet() to find the referenced datum objects?
How do I parse the values returned by ProGtolDatumReferencesGet() to get the same data ProGtoldatumrefGet() returned?
What does the "overall_tolerance" returned by ProGtoldataValueGet() mean and how do I derive that value with the new methods?
What does the "is_composite" returned by ProGtoldataCompositeGet() mean and how do I derive that value with the new methods?
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I suggest you to open Case at PTC Support, too.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Have you found solution to get the overall_tolerance with new methods?

MrSteveR_3

I just posted a comment on my original post with all the information I've received so far. Unfortunately, all PTC support has said so far is that overall_tolerance is "now part of the value string." Neither they nor I are quite sure what that data point represents, so I still don't know how to extract that boolean from the string.

Here is all the information I've received so far:

General methodology for extracting symbols from the string: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS280972

List of symbols and ACSII equivalents: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS282179

Here are the answers I've been able to get directly from PTC support:

• How to parse those value strings to get the same data provided by ProGtoldataPerUnitGet()?

- You’ll need to parse the string and search for respective characters. For e.g. In case of ‘Per unit tolerance’, search for ‘/’ in second or subsequent rows (values returned from API ProGtolCompositeGet()).

• Is it true that ProGtolValueStringGet() returns the exact same string as the first value in the value array returned by ProGtolCompositeGet()?

- True

• Is it true that the primary/secondary/tertiary strings returned by ProGtolDatumReferencesGet() are exactly the same as the first value from each of the corresponding arrays returned by ProGtolCompositeGet()?

- True

• What is the process for parsing the value strings returned by ProGtolValueStringGet() and ProGtoldataCompositeGet() to get the same data provided by ProGtoldataProjZoneGet()?
- Get string returned by ProGtolValueStringGet() and parse it to check if Unicode value of Projected symbol is present and interpret accordingly.

• How do I use the strings returned by ProGtolDatumReferencesGet()/ProGtolCompositeGet() to find the referenced datum objects?
- Get string and parse it to check if names of DFS. Find DFS using ProSolidSetdatumtagVisit () & ProSetdatumtagLabelGet()

• What does the "overall_tolerance" returned by ProGtoldataValueGet() mean and how do I derive that value with the new methods?
- “overall_tolerance” is now part of value string. Not sure its purpose in design. You need to check with design engineer.

• What does the "is_composite" returned by ProGtoldataCompositeGet() mean and how do I derive that value with the new methods?
- ProGtolCompositeGet() should be used.

Top Tags