cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How startup application with VBapi in Creo Parametric 2.0?

ptc-6747742
1-Newbie

How startup application with VBapi in Creo Parametric 2.0?

How startup application (.dll or .exe) with VBapi in Creo Parametric 2.0?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The way the VBAPI works is that an external program is started and either starts Creo or finds a link to a running copy of Creo. The external program adds the button to the menu and then waits using a Listener to report that the button was pushed. When the button is pushed the external program does whatever it's told to do when the button is pushed.

From the Creo interface you can't directly attach an external program - you can start a mapkey that runs an OS script. See http://communities.ptc.com/message/192718#192718 as an example.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

What are you trying to do?

The VB API doesn't start anything. What language are you using to access the PTC session through the API?

It's from that language that you will start other applications.

Also, a dll is also not an application, it is a library of functions.

Hi, David Schenken

OK, my objetive is: Execute application (test.exe) through of menu Creo Parametric.

Note: I'm using C#, with VBAPI. I created menu ribbon, but I can not add an event to the button to call this executable (test.exe).

You can help me?

The way the VBAPI works is that an external program is started and either starts Creo or finds a link to a running copy of Creo. The external program adds the button to the menu and then waits using a Listener to report that the button was pushed. When the button is pushed the external program does whatever it's told to do when the button is pushed.

From the Creo interface you can't directly attach an external program - you can start a mapkey that runs an OS script. See http://communities.ptc.com/message/192718#192718 as an example.

Great Answer!

Thanks Dude!

Top Tags