cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pro/toolkit help

ptc-4425592
1-Newbie

Pro/toolkit help

I have an application that is seeking two surfaces contained in a weld feature. I'm using the Pro/toolkit COMM api. I can see the two surfaces used to define the weld feature inside of ProE (see image below).

The best I can seem to do is a ListParents (CpfcFeatures componentList = feature.ListParents();) on the weld feature which returns the two components (two flat plates) from the assembly, but this doesn't help me find the surfaces.

Any Pro/Toolkit experts out there will to lend me assistance? It is much appreciated.

Weld surfaces.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

About which API are you talking - Pro/TOOLKIT (C, C++) or VB (Visual Basic)?

Sorry...I am using the VB toolkit.

Is the Pro/toolkit in C/C++ much more advanced than the VP API?

Yes, that's why the license is so expensive.

I am not sure but VBAPI is having least functionality.

You can try below on Drawing file with Pro-Toolkit:

- collect all symbol instance having name as weld type

- Collect leaders associated with symbol (ProDtlsyminstdataLeadersCollect)

- Get attachment of All leaders (ProDtlattachGet)

-Get model item of attachment (ProSelectionModelitemGet)

-Get surface from Geomitem (ProGeomitemToSurface)

I have not tried this but it should work.

Regards

Ketan

Top Tags