cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to Update License Server

mlambert-2
1-Newbie

How to Update License Server

I need to update my license server with the new license file so I can run Creo 4.0 but I can't figure out how.  I thought I could just go to the install file directory and run ptcsetup.bat and point it to the new license file, but I can't find the ptcsetup.bat file.  I tried searching the entire C: drive and didn't find it anywhere.  What am I missing or is there a different way to update the license file on the server?

Thanks,

Mike

9 REPLIES 9

Look for reconfigure.exe in the Creo bin directory.

On my computer I can find the reconfigure.exe file in the bin directory, but on the license server computer I can't find the reconfigure.exe file. I should have mentioned that we run our seats of Creo from a license server.

Here is another place to look:

C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\bin\reconfigure.lnk

This points to: "C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\InstallManager\reconfigure.exe" -xmlPath "C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server/bin/pim/xml"

Hi,

do you have FLEXnet license manager installed on your PC or on different one ?

MH

Martin Hanák

It is on a different computer.

Hi,

I guess that FLEXnet manager installed on license server is represented by system service named lmadmin_ptc.

How to "install" new license file:

• stop system service named lmadmin_ptc
  • go to C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\licensing directory
  • open license.dat file in Notepad
  • open new license file in Notepad
  • in license.dat file select two lines - SERVER and DAEMON - and copy the into clipboard using CTRL+C
  • in new license file replace SERVER and DAEMON lines with clipboard contents using CTRL+V
  • in new license file press CTRL+A to select whole contents of the file and copy the into clipboard using CTRL+C
  • in license.dat file press CTRL+A to select whole contents of the file and replace it with clipboard contents using CTRL+V
  • save and close license.dat file
  • do not save and close new license file
  • start system service named lmadmin_ptc

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin --

What if you do all of the above, no prob, but then when you go to save and close license.dat it says "ACCESS DENIED"?? What then? Any ideas? SO close!

Laura,

If you are getting Access denied, you may try:

- Place new license on desktop

- Copy Server and Daemon license from license.dat

- Overwrite existing server and daemon in license on desktop and save the file.

- Rename License.dat in licensing folder as license.date_old

- Rename license file on desktop as license.dat

- Copy license.dat from desktop and paste in licensing folder > It will prompt to continue. That should work.

Still if it fails, you may need to look from admin permissions side

After all steps, start lmadmin_ptc from system services.

Hi,

I launch Notepad as Administrator, open license.dat, modify it and save it.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags