cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to create Resource file for ProToolkit Application?

PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone

How to create Resource file for ProToolkit Application?

Hello,

I have created a resource file from my Visual studio make file project, it saving with the format (.rc) and it not working with toolkit application.

I also tried with some third party applications (ResEdit, Resource Hacker) which produces (.res) files but it also not working with CREO Toolkit.

Anybody help me to to create resource file in (.res) format.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In pro/toolkit .res file background is different when compared with generic applications in visualstudio.

In toolkit it follwed a special syntax followed in order to create user inerface (GUI) for applications.File to be placed under 'text' folder in resource directory.

.res file name to be linked in toolkit code for Dialog API's to work with.If any error in .res file dialog can not be dislays in creo session,it does not give any error returns.

Follow any sample applications by PTC you can understand in detail.I recommend geardesign smple is best one to start even it is hard to follow but it has all the required info to know.

Hope this can help to work further.

regards,

kishore

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In pro/toolkit .res file background is different when compared with generic applications in visualstudio.

In toolkit it follwed a special syntax followed in order to create user inerface (GUI) for applications.File to be placed under 'text' folder in resource directory.

.res file name to be linked in toolkit code for Dialog API's to work with.If any error in .res file dialog can not be dislays in creo session,it does not give any error returns.

Follow any sample applications by PTC you can understand in detail.I recommend geardesign smple is best one to start even it is hard to follow but it has all the required info to know.

Hope this can help to work further.

regards,

kishore

PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone
(To:kbabu-2)

Thanks Kishore, I had look out the sample,

now i  got basic knowledge to create resource file

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"
Top Tags