cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to create Toolkit?

jthakor
3-Visitor

How to create Toolkit?

Dear Community,

How to create Toolkit option in creO and do we need separate license for that?

And when to create toolkit? Is it different than Map key?

If we have any material like presentation or PDF will be helpful.

Thanks,

Jitu

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Jitu,

Install creo tool kit along with creo installations,

If you already installed do the reconfigration add the tool kit.

regards
Chethan

Hi Chetan,

We are having corporate license and already installed. Please help me to provide some toolkit related information like in PDF or presentation format showing some examples. It will be a great help.

Thanks,

Jitu

Good morning!

You can find the details in program files below is the location

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\protoolkit

Regards
Chethan

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your reply.

What I required is toolkit related reference materials. I am new to toolkit and want to enhance my knowledge on creo side and now a days all companies are seeking for automation to complete job fast. So if you can provide some materials on Toolkit, will be great help.

Regards,

Jitu

Thanks Cheten,

This PDF provide basic information on Pro Toolkit. Do you have some ready example of toolkit?

Thanks,

Jitu

PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone
(To:jthakor)

Hi Jitu,

Example source files available in this location

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo2-amd64-M120\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\protoolkit\protk_appls

Make file for these examples available in this location

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo2-amd64-M120\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M120\protoolkit\x86e_win64\obj

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"

Hi Jitu:

Please open this:

C:\PTC\Creo2.0\Common_Files\M080\protoolkit\protkdoc\IEPlugin.html

in Internet Explorer. Search for the API's you need.

You can find many examples of that API at the bottom of that page. If you are very new to toolkit read pdf file named tkuse.1-74. Regards Prem

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your reply!!

Folder you specified is not available in my folder. See below image for your reference. Also can you please send me tkuse.1-74.pdf file so that I can directly refer that document.

Thanks,

Jitu

There might be some problem in installation or license. Please check with your superiors out there. And I beg your pardon for I am not in a position to share any file which is property of my company. I hope you will understand.

Regards

Prem

Hi Jitu

You can go through the link provided by chetan

https://d2t1xqejof9utc.cloudfront.net/files/12890/Protoolkit_GSG.pdf?..

I think it is quite comprehensive. The creo toolkit is something that which cannot be learned using shortcuts, unfortunately. I believe there is everything one should know about toolkit in that file.

Regards

Prem

Hi all,

I have installed & configured PTK (Creo 3.0) with VS2012.

As per steps, I have taken makefile and added all the references and it is build succeeded.

Now, in the examples >> Basic example which display "File Name" & last saved. I'm trying to start a simple program in VC++.

Can anyone tell me little more on this? where do I need to add the code and how to debug.

I have included the header files and their location.

I need some simple steps, so that I can start... Please do the needful...

Regards

Naresh Kalyan

Hello,

Learning toolkit is a big challege here.From my experience there are few things to be share.

1.Know the help documentation and access to protoolkit license.

2.Just having protolkit dump in the PC is not help us.Know the pre-requisites to progress.

3.Knowledge on Creo or Pro/Engineer in Solid , Assembly,Drawing are mandatory...how end user point of view to work on those modules.

4.C or C++ progamming advance level expertise is essential to work with out any problems.

5.How to write a toolkit sample application to start in creo is a major jump start.

Good luck.

regards,

kishore

yes you need a separate licence and it is very expensive (more then creo itself probably).

for starters, check out jlink.there is a pdf reference file in your creo install dir.

Top Tags