cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to open external files like from sharepoint or other drive using OS Script

sreenivaspai
4-Participant

How to open external files like from sharepoint or other drive using OS Script

I am trying to open external files like from sharepoint or other drive using OS Script. I could do open file from my local drive but not from sharepoint or other drives etc. Anyone resolved this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure that you mean a Macro / Mapkey when you say OS SCRIPT.

I use a system call for these behavior and it also work over Network boundarys.

@SYSTEMstart "title" "Y:\test.pdf"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

What would you open and in which language ... please be more specific.

There are many possibilitys how to open different files. You can use a system() call to archive it. But be prepared that ?-Operators in URLs didn't work. If you want to archive them you need an extra handle for URLs and so on. So please be more specific on what you want to open in which program and where are your problems.

Br,

Eike

Hello Eike,

Thank you very much for the reply. From the attached drive.jpg, if I try to open any file (like excel, word or image etc) from the local drive (like C:,D:,G:,H etc) through OS Script mapkey, then it opens. But  if I try to open it from network location (like B:, or Q:), then mapkey doesn't work. Same is the case if I try to open from share-point or office 365, the mapkey doesn't work.

Hope you understand my question.

Regards,

Sreenivas

I'm not sure that you mean a Macro / Mapkey when you say OS SCRIPT.

I use a system call for these behavior and it also work over Network boundarys.

@SYSTEMstart "title" "Y:\test.pdf"

Hello Eike,

I  am using mapkey OS Script

I forgot to put " at the start and end of file path location. So I added like this

"B:\_DDDD\E1234_Name\60-asdf\CI-Live-Log Sheet.xlsx"

Its working.

Any idea how to open files from Sharepoint if I know the path using mapkey OS Script

Regards,

Sreenivas

You can use the same if there is no ? Operator inside the URL. Also there are different possibilities how to call sharepoint (Browser / Explorer / Synced Space / ... )

I can use the same call also for sharepoint (without ? Operator) it looks something like this:

@SYSTEMstart "test" "https://#######/plm/Produkte/gtcra/CRADEVDOC/GT_Purge/icon/p16.png"

Open up the specified document. But you can't open it inside the browser ... because you can't use the ? Operator AFAIK. But most CAD User machines should have office installed if you work with office documents or whatever.

Br,

Eike

Top Tags