cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to pass command line arguments or print to the command line using creo toolkit application

aritra_dutta
3-Visitor

How to pass command line arguments or print to the command line using creo toolkit application

I am using Creo 2.0 and Creo Parametric Toolkit that comes with this version.

Hi,

This is my user intitialize from my code.

int user_initialize(int argc,char *argv[],char *version,char *build,wchar_t errbuf[80])
{
char *dateCode;
ProEngineerDisplaydatecodeGet(&dateCode);
printf("%s", dateCode);
return (0);
}

But this does not print anything on the command line. In Utilities -> Auxilliary applications my application is shown to have started.

Also please suggest to to pass command line arguments to my custom application. Please give a sample example of how to pass command line arguments corresponding to my code.

Lets say My application's .dll file is in C:\Application directory. The protk.dat file is also in that directory.

I am launching creo from command line with the following command.

cmd

-------

C:\Application><Creo_Install_path>\Parametric\bin\parametric.bat

Do I have to add anything after the parametric.bat statement or do what ? Please give a sample example of how to pass command line arguments corresponding to my code.

1 REPLY 1

Hi

You need to use ProMessageDisplay() to print in message area.

There is lot of samples available in protoolkit directory in the Creo installion folder.

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"
Top Tags