cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to transfer my 3D point coordinates to robotic arm?

K_V
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

How to transfer my 3D point coordinates to robotic arm?

Hello, I am really sorry since I got no clue where to ask this kind of question, and I tried to find every topic most relevant to my question, so I think Automation might be a bit closer to what I wanna ask.

The thing is I use Protoolkit to look for lots of grasping points of an object by model geometry, and those points  depend on the model coordinate and the model itself are numerous and in sequence. 

And now, I got a 3D scanner and 6-axis robotic arm, I use scanner to search for the pose of the object(the same object as the model in Creo), and use robotic arm to grasp the object, and now I want to send the coordinates which I mentioned above to robotic arm, but I can't find a way to transform it (my boss told me to use transform matrix as PCD) , yet , since I got sequence in those grasping points, I can't use that method because that might change the sequence that I have already set up.

So I am asking you guys, do u have any experiences about this connection btwn robot and Creo stuff ? Or any ideas about how to tell robotics where those points are?

Thank you guys!

2 REPLIES 2
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:K_V)

@K_V wrote:

Hello, I am really sorry since I got no clue where to ask this kind of question, and I tried to find every topic most relevant to my question, so I think Automation might be a bit closer to what I wanna ask.

The thing is I use Protoolkit to look for lots of grasping points of an object by model geometry, and those points  depend on the model coordinate and the model itself are numerous and in sequence. 

And now, I got a 3D scanner and 6-axis robotic arm, I use scanner to search for the pose of the object(the same object as the model in Creo), and use robotic arm to grasp the object, and now I want to send the coordinates which I mentioned above to robotic arm, but I can't find a way to transform it (my boss told me to use transform matrix as PCD) , yet , since I got sequence in those grasping points, I can't use that method because that might change the sequence that I have already set up.

So I am asking you guys, do u have any experiences about this connection btwn robot and Creo stuff ? Or any ideas about how to tell robotics where those points are?

Thank you guys!

You should use 'FIELDS' line in PCD to specify a data layout you are sending from your app:

FIELDS x y z i j k sequence

HIH.

FV. 

K_V
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:FV)

But my sequence is like point1(x y z)>point2(x y z)>point3(x y z).

I don't know if this will work, I use scanner to scan the object I want ,and ,the scanned PCD will be registering with my standard PCD, during the alignment process, system will find a transform matrix, and I use those calculated points which I mentioned in the post  to multiply the inverse matrix of that transform matrix, then I shall find robotics the points...

Thx anyway!

Top Tags