cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

I want to create a Creo Parametric toolkit application to load URL using Chromium embedded framework

Sampath
6-Contributor

I want to create a Creo Parametric toolkit application to load URL using Chromium embedded framework

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) 7.0 7.0.2.0

Hi,

I want to implement a Creo Parametric Toolkit application which loads a Html page into a chromium embedded framework(cef) browser, upon loading this Html page which in turn loads a set of javascript functions. When the page is loaded fully, I will have to invoke a javascript function to provide some input for example name and path of the active model in Creo Parametric Session.

I am looking for inputs on how I can create this kind of application using cef and the Creo Parametric Toolkit. Can I use something like Cef Client in C++, CEFSharp or JCEF along with Creo Parametric toolkit APIs? It will be great if you could provide this information with an example.

Where can I find more information about WebLink, could you provide some information?

Regards,
Sampath Rallapalli
4 REPLIES 4
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sampath)

You cannot use cef within creo. Creo has its own embeded browser. What you can do is program your application in new toolkit creo.js which can handle inputs from html page of embeded browser. If you want to have program logic written in different toolkit you can make web server which would listen for incomming requests from the html page a make assynchronous calls to creo.

Sampath
6-Contributor
(To:sjuraj)

Hi @sjuraj, Thanks for your response and providing information that we won't be able to use cef based implementation within Creo.

If Creo has its own embedded browser, how can I use this to load a URL (that loads a javascript file with a set of functions implemented for example, one of the functions is: getActiveModelNameinCreo()) that is hosted on an application server e.g., TomEE. While the URL is loaded, it provides a message that says "provide active model name in Creo session".  If I have to implement a javascript file e.g., creo.js as suggested, how do I recognize the call back message of the URL loaded which is waiting for the inputs to display on the page? I am new to this kind of toolkit application. Could you please elaborate on how the creo.js should look like to be able to receive inputs from the html page of embedded browser? I hope that this is clear, please let me know if you need any more information...

Regards,

Sampath Rallapalli

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

Here are toolkit guide locations for all creo toolkits. Note you must have toolkit installed to find guide. You will find all informations how to setup and you creo.js toolkit (how to handle inputs, get data from session etc.). To load webpage to embeded browser you can this or you can use your toolkit to set url (eg. in jlink Window.setUrl(<your_url>)).

VipulT
16-Pearl

Hi @Sampath

I concur with @sjuraj. I believe, you can try to explore the possibility of using Web.link customization to achieve the indented functionality.  

Thanks,

Vipul

Top Tags