cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Installing CREO OTK application of client's machine

RS_9601780
7-Bedrock

Installing CREO OTK application of client's machine

Hi,

I am developing a application in OTK C++. I want to deploy it on client's machine.

But I don't want user to go to 'Auxiliary application' every time, selecting creo.dat file and registering the application.

Currently I know a way- doing it first time and using option - Save the Auxiliary Application User Interface.

But the process still needs to be done atleast one time manually.

Is there any way, with which we can add a ribbon, buttons and these ribbon will be there even in new session by any other way, like running a .bat file or .exe or some thing simpler solution than Save the Auxiliary Application User Interface.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:RS_9601780)

If I understand you correctly, I think you actually have a two separate questions here:

1. How to load the application into session automatically so the user doesn't have to go into Aux Apps
  2. How to load the buttons into the ribbon when the application loads, so the icons show in the correct place

For Number 1: 

• If your end-user adds the config.pro setting for "creotkdat", with a value of the location of the ".dat" file, then Creo will load that DLL or EXE on startup. 
  • Make sure the ".dat" file is set to "DELAY_START FALSE"

For Number 2: 

• As a part of your application's "text" directory, you can provide a "ribbon.ui" file that adds the buttons as you want. The toolkit application will load the buttons automatically when the application loads
  • You can create that ribbon.ui file using the "Save Auxiliary Application User Interface"
  • It should load automatically on its own... but if you rename the file or move it around to a different folder, you can use method ProRibbonDefinitionfileLoad to specifically load the ribbon file you want

Hope this helps!

Thanks, 

James Sullivan

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:RS_9601780)

If I understand you correctly, I think you actually have a two separate questions here:

1. How to load the application into session automatically so the user doesn't have to go into Aux Apps
  2. How to load the buttons into the ribbon when the application loads, so the icons show in the correct place

For Number 1: 

• If your end-user adds the config.pro setting for "creotkdat", with a value of the location of the ".dat" file, then Creo will load that DLL or EXE on startup. 
  • Make sure the ".dat" file is set to "DELAY_START FALSE"

For Number 2: 

• As a part of your application's "text" directory, you can provide a "ribbon.ui" file that adds the buttons as you want. The toolkit application will load the buttons automatically when the application loads
  • You can create that ribbon.ui file using the "Save Auxiliary Application User Interface"
  • It should load automatically on its own... but if you rename the file or move it around to a different folder, you can use method ProRibbonDefinitionfileLoad to specifically load the ribbon file you want

Hope this helps!

Thanks, 

James Sullivan

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks

Top Tags