cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Invalid method name

ptc-6306282
6-Contributor

Invalid method name

I wrote some custom Java code (DateLabel.java) to get current date from the Windows. Code was complied using JAVA SDK 1.7.0_80.Code functions and returns the current date in the java command shell. Changed Windows Environment variable to include CLIENT_CLASSPATH to point to directory where DateLabel.class was compiled into. When Schematics is launched the command shell window reports [ClassManager]: class DateLabel generated. At this point I think the class was created.  I placed {DateLabel.main} in the custom JAVA

button. The class is DateLabel and the method inside the program is called main. I thought that if I toggled

the custom button on the tab that the console window would get the data from my JAVA program and display it in the console window. I was using this to test the function before I used in a sheet label But I keep

getting the "Error invalid method name".  It's not clear in the API documentation that I can even do this. Any help would be great. I'm new at JAVA but have C programming background.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags