cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is it possible to link parameters with the same name?

SB_10814631
2-Guest

Is it possible to link parameters with the same name?

Not sure if this is possible or not....

I would like import parameters from one system and automatically connect them to parameters of the same name within CREO.  

My goal is to create a template part with parameters /relations stored in the model.  I would then like to push parameter values from another system into the model and get the model to react to the changes.

Just curious if anyone has done this and if so, which API's did you use?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Explore the External Analysis and Analysis Feature

You can read parameters from an external file (xml, csv, or txt in form param=value).

Create Analysis Feature with parameters. Then you can link parameters from feature using relations to other parameters or dims in the model.

Thanks for the suggestion

You can check this stone age guide of controlling parameters from excel. I am sure there are newer sources. Least painfull way I think is to use relations for every dimension you make. And then you just use simple macro for import/export.

RH_8252267_0-1709631166200.png

You probably know this part but just for info-- create a relation

RH_8252267_0-1709631869782.png

and when putting value in dimension(when extruding for example) just write A and the dimensions will be dynamic.

RH_8252267_3-1709631409113.png

So your macro will be just importing .txt file from your other software with relations(depth,diameter etc..) like this

RH_8252267_1-1709632074054.png

Thanks for the suggestion

Top Tags