cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is there any toolkit API for Component Placement?

Bryan_Chen
10-Marble

Is there any toolkit API for Component Placement?

I want to use toolkit to link a components list which corresponding .prt files are located in WindChill.

Once user choose one component from the list for assembly, after retrieving the model,

I want to let it in the Component Placement status like below picture. Would like to ask is there any API can achieve this? Thanks a lot.

Bryan_Chen_0-1622600155031.png

6 REPLIES 6

Have you tried ProAsmcompAssemble ?

Also use ProAsmcompconstraintAlloc() with PRO_ASM_DEF_PLACEMENT

Thanks for your information, originally I tried the ProAsmcompCreateCopy(),

I will try to study your suggestion and look at the effect, thanks.

I have used ProAsmcompAssemble(), and then used ProAsmcompConstrRedefUI(),

it can call out Component Placement UI, but the red circle portion can't be enable,

would like to know if ToolKit can enable it? thanks.

UI.jpg

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Bryan_Chen)

use ProConfioptGet and ProConfigoptSet to modify config.pro 'comp_asm_start' setting from the default value to 'constrain_in_window'. HIH. 

Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:FV)

Thanks : ) Much better way. I thought about it, but then didn't looked into the config. **bleep** ^.^ Next time.

Have a great day,

Eike

So you start the redefine UI ... you can simply add the change into mapkey and load it to the Mapkey Stack ... not a good solution, but it should work if you are in a synchronous app.

Br,

Eike

Top Tags