I work with J-Link application for Creo 6 and 7. And I need to create a simple dialog with list of string items and OK/Cancel buttons. Items for list should be generated before loading of dialog. And my idea was to create a dialog by Creo UI Editor, load this dialog during application work and load string data to list on the dialog each time before opening this dialog. But I have problem. I can't even load the simple dialog. Creo just stuck and not responding when I try to call the method which should load the dialog.
What I did:
1. There is a folder of application, called "dialog".
2. This folder contains a few files - protk.dat, DialogBox.jar and "text" folder.
3. "text" folder contains "resource" folder.
4. I created the simple dialog "test" by Creo UI Editor and saved it as "test.res" into "dialog\text\resource" folder.
5. Also I generated the test.java file which contains some initialization code for this dialog.
6. After that I created a simple DialogBox.java file which just contains start and stop methods and call the test dialog creation.
7. At last I compiled DalogBox.jar and add startup info about it to protk.dat file.
When I try to run this DialogBox.jar application in Creo it just freeze all UI. Creo doesn't responde and I should kill his process by Task Manager. It happends when I try to call creation of test dialog into "start" method. If I remove this creation application will be loaded without any problems.
What I'm doing wrong? Can I use this logic to create the dialogs for J-Link application? Should I have some additional license to run such dialogs into Creo? Where should I place the .res file? And how can I fix this? Is there some other way to create custom dialogs with custom controls?
Please, look at my application in the attached file. Thanks