cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

JLink API to get Unit for Mass, Volumn and Density

nikhil1mahajan
6-Contributor

JLink API to get Unit for Mass, Volumn and Density

Hello,

I am writing Jlink code to get the Mass, Density and Volume on a CAD part. I am able to fetch these values but I am not able to get the unit for Density and Volume. I am using following API;s

properties = solid.GetMassProperty(null);
System.out.println("Session model "+em.GetFileName());
System.out.println("The solid mass is: " + properties.GetMass()+" "+unitsys.GetUnit(UnitType.UNIT_MASS).GetName());
System.out.println("The solid volume is: " + properties.GetVolume()+" "+unitsys.GetUnit(UnitType.UNIT_MASS).GetName());
System.out.println("The solid density is: " + properties.GetDensity()+" "+unitsys.GetUnit(UnitType.UNIT_MASS).GetName());

OutPUT:

nikhil1mahajan_0-1684392644412.png

As you can see the unit for Volume and Density is lbm, which is wrong. And there is no UnitType.UNIT_VOLUME or UnitType.UNIT_DENSITY that I can pass as a parameter.

I tried to find the JLink API that I can use to get the unit of measure for Volume and Density but I couldn't.

I know Density = Mass/Volume, so does that mean that I need to get the metric system and calculate the UOM for Volume and Density at run time in code.?

1 REPLY 1

Get the units from the mass properties parameter.

PRO_MP_DENSITY or something like this.

Top Tags