cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

JLink in Creo 7.0.3.0

SidneyHepplethw
5-Regular Member

JLink in Creo 7.0.3.0

I have an async JLink application that has been running OK for many years.

Now I am testing it with Creo 7 and any 'ExecuteFeatureOps' fail with 'XToolkitBadContext'.

I have tried the new RegenInstructions option 'SetResolveModeRegen(true)' but it still throws the error.

Has anybody any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

You will need to open a case with PTC tech support to get a "magic number" to use with the allow_deprecated_config config option. Once you have this you can then use the regen_failure_handling config option, which is still needed, when using jlink ExecuteFeatureOps.

You will have to get an updated "magic number" when you start using Creo Parametric 8 because this number changes with releases.

See article  CS260154: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS260154

PTC apparently did not think this change thru.

@SidneyHepplethw wrote:

I have an async JLink application that has been running OK for many years.

Now I am testing it with Creo 7 and any 'ExecuteFeatureOps' fail with 'XToolkitBadContext'.

I have tried the new RegenInstructions option 'SetResolveModeRegen(true)' but it still throws the error.

Has anybody any ideas?

Hi,

CS323992 contains following information ... Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0 onwards, to use the resolve mode, set pfcSolid.RegenInstructions.SetResolveModeRegen(true) and pass that RegenInstructions object to pfcSolid.Solid.Regenerate().

If you use this procedure and it does not work, then prepare testing application and send it to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Also read  CS323327.

Martin Hanák

pfcSolid.RegenInstructions.SetResolveModeRegen(true) only works with Solid.Regenerate().

It does not work with Solid.ExecuteFeatureOps().

Does not work:

RegenInstructions regenInstr = pfcSolid.RegenInstructions_Create(true, false, null);
regenInstr.SetResolveModeRegen(true);// does not actually do anything yet as of CP 7.0.2.0 or 7.0.3.0
Solid.ExecuteFeatureOps(featureOperations, regenInstr);// throws error here...

One needs to open a case with PTC and get the magic number to use with allow_deprecated_config option.

Top Tags