cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

MakeFile vs MFC DLL?

sully7
13-Aquamarine

MakeFile vs MFC DLL?

Hey everyone,

So I've been just starting my adventures into Toolkit for Creo 2.0 using Visual Studio 2010, and I was wondering, is there any benefit to creating your DLL using the makefile method versus Visual Studio's MFC DLL method? I found this: http://usecreo.com/configure-vs2010-creo2-toolkit-application.html on the web, and it seems to be a pretty straight forward process...

Thanks,

Sully

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
1 REPLY 1
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:sully7)

Just to close this topic, ends up that this is a valid procedure. The only other major thing that I've done in addition to his procedure in that link is add support for debugging by adding xtop to my debugging commands. To do this,

• inside of your solution properties, go to "Configuration Properties -> Debugging" and add the path to your xtop.exe function (usually inside of %PROE_INSTALL_PATH%\[machine_type]\obj\xtop.exe)
  • set Attach = "Yes"
  • set Debugger Type = "Native Only"

Maybe there is some additional settings that I haven't found yet, but I'll be sure to post them here if I do find anything.

Best of luck to everyone,

Sully

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags