cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Manually run the database server

selmaci
1-Newbie

Manually run the database server

Hello,

I would like to run database server manually. How do I manually run the database server?

I understand that C: \ Program Files \ PTC \ Creo Elements \ DirectShow Server 19.0 \ servwin \ me_dserv64_ole.exe "works in the background.

I need the parameters of this me_dserv64_ole.exe file.

I am waiting for your help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Sonat Elmaci

5 REPLIES 5

The "Database Server" (me_dserv64_ole.exe) is running as a *Service*.

You never run this as anything else.

You need a Client (e.g. Model Manager) to access the Database - if you have a Model Manager Database.

Do you have client licenses at all?

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I have model manager license.

I got an error message when I setup Creo Elements Direct Manager Server 18 and installation is canceled.

I complete the setup with manually. I have to manually run the Software Distribution Server (apache web server).

Therefore I can not use  Job Spooler server (task manager).

If I do not choose the database server in the software setup, I use Job Spooler server successfully.

But this time I can not run the database server. Therefore I would like to run database server manually.

Or I need to run Job Spooler manually.

For a Model Manager database, a Database Server, File Server and License Server are REQUIRED.
If any of the three mentioned servers (=services) is not installed and running, you can neither run a Model Manager client

nor any other additional service like Software Distribution Server, Job Server etc.

I recommend you get in touch with a consultant who has experience with a Model Manager installation.

Yes I know. For a Model Manager database, a Database Server, Software Distribution Server, File Server and License Server are REQUIRED.

The major steps for installation are as follows:

1. step is file server

2. step is  database server (I can not go to other steps because I got an error message when installing the database server. But it works.)

3. step is services(Web services, task agent) but I can not come this step because I got an error message when installing the database server and installation is cancel.

And finally software distribution server (apache web server) I run it manually with this parameter. httpd.exe -k install

In this case, the web services, task agent are not running. Can I run the background (as service) using a parameter to run the web services, task agent?

As said already.

Unless File Server and Database Server are not installed and running, no other step makes sense.
The Apache is the so-called "SDS = Software Distribution Server" - but running that does also not make any sense,
when you do not have a Database to connect to.

Will stop providing consulting for free now.

Please get in touch with PTC Support or a Consulting Company.

Regards,

Max

Top Tags