cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PRO E -Trail File Help Greatly needed :(

ptc-4465461
1-Newbie

PRO E -Trail File Help Greatly needed :(

Hi

I am developing a automated program for spring design using Pro E Trail file
and Excel Macros. So in order to understand the trail file codes,i record them then open it with
notepad and will understand the scripts
by my self. But few codes i am not able to get the logic
what it mean.

can you help me please..

Let me say with Example below

~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `tbLines` \
`ProCmdSketCenterline.tbLine`
~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `ProCmdSketCenterline.tbLine` \ (Got the meaning - center line clicked)
~ LButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `proe_win` \ (Got the meaning - Mouse left clicked)
9 501 241 0 1 999 795 1280 1024 535961 (1280 1024 is system resolution and the remaining numbers I am not able to understand)
** 0.501592 0.695597 0 1 1 (I am not able to understand)
0.501592 0.586910 L 0 0.942222222 0 (I am not able to understand)
@ sel view 0 (I am not able to understand)
0.000000 -1.327015 0.000000 -1.327015 0.000000 0.000000 (I am not able to understand)
0.000000 0.000000 -1.327015 500.000000 421.875000 -2338.268590 1.000000 0.000000 0 (I am not able to understand)

I know these numbers and all X,Y co-ordinates which decideds the mouse click on the window,

but i cant get the logic.

Understanding this is very vital for creating a automation in the Trail File script.

By default when i excute these codes in sketch mode,it creates a staring location at some X,Y location.

Incase if i want to change this X,Y location where it starts, what i should i do..??

Other wise,

Assume iF I want to create a center line at X:80,Y:90 IN vERTICAL Direction what is the codes for that..??

Kindly help me with Explantion,it will be greatly helpful for my Spring design AUTOMATION program

Regards
Saravana

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Saravana...

Years ago it was much easier to decode the Pro/ENGINEER trail files. Today, it's much more difficult. Experience tells me you're probably going about this task incorrectly. There are better ways to incorporate data from Excel into Pro/ENGINEER to automate a design. In fact, there are better ways without using Excel.

It seems what you're trying to do might be the "long way" to achieve the effect you want. Can you tell us a bit more about your application? For instance, what part is Excel playing. Are you just taking values from Excel and trying to incorporate them into Pro/E?

The problem is... I can't exactly tell you what those numbers are for without a good deal of trial and error. BUT... if I knew what you were trying to do, I'm sure I could help you get it done. There are usually several ways to achieve an integration between Pro/E and another piece of software (like Excel). If you can tell me more, I'll be glad to lend a hand... but I won't be able to help decipher those crazy numbers. If your program relies on figuring out what those numbers do... you're doomed. Let's try another approach to get your the automation you need.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Saravana...

Years ago it was much easier to decode the Pro/ENGINEER trail files. Today, it's much more difficult. Experience tells me you're probably going about this task incorrectly. There are better ways to incorporate data from Excel into Pro/ENGINEER to automate a design. In fact, there are better ways without using Excel.

It seems what you're trying to do might be the "long way" to achieve the effect you want. Can you tell us a bit more about your application? For instance, what part is Excel playing. Are you just taking values from Excel and trying to incorporate them into Pro/E?

The problem is... I can't exactly tell you what those numbers are for without a good deal of trial and error. BUT... if I knew what you were trying to do, I'm sure I could help you get it done. There are usually several ways to achieve an integration between Pro/E and another piece of software (like Excel). If you can tell me more, I'll be glad to lend a hand... but I won't be able to help decipher those crazy numbers. If your program relies on figuring out what those numbers do... you're doomed. Let's try another approach to get your the automation you need.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

I want to know the method of integrating Proe with Excel..

My application is to rename the assembly and its part from the excel file..

Kindly help me..

Regards,

Manikandan S

The original message, which is nearly 3 years old, was about creating trail files.

You might be able to use the VB API with Excel to do what you want. Check http://creoauto.blogspot.com/2014/02/visual-basic-api-for-ptcs-creo-01-setup.html as a place to start, but be prepared as the function calls to VB API are different from VBA that is part of Excel.

There are other posts on the same site. The second one is http://creoauto.blogspot.com/2014/02/controlling-box-in-creo-from-msexcel-by.html

vbug.pdf is part of the Creo installation (Visual Basic User Guide) and has examples. Look for the method IpfcModel.Rename().

If it was mine to do I would use AutoIt, such as the function sendkeys() to start a mapkey that handled most of the menu operations. From there it depends on what else needs to be done. If you can perform a task, so can AutoIt.

Simplified Logic Inc specializes in bi-directional Excel to Creo or Creo to Excell data transfer this with an application called Nitro-CELL.  Please see this Website: Simplified Logic, Inc. and YouTube Channel:  Simplified Logic, Inc. - YouTube

Top Tags