cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Pattern problem

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Pattern problem

Hi all,

i have 3 solid discs assembled one on top of the other, diameter & thickness are not important, they could be anything. Lets say the discs are named A,B & C. All 3 discs have a hole patterned around a central axis, lets say 8 diameter on a 80 pcr, every 10 degree (so 36 holes). I have the hole diameter & pcr controlled by parameter & relation, so if i make a change all 3 discs update. I should mention that the hole diameters get progressively bigger by 1mm from part to part, so disc A = 8, disc B = 9 & disc C = 10, again controlled by relation. Now the problem i have is, if i choose to omit any hole from the pattern then i have to perform the task 3 times. Is there a way of relating the patterns to one another via the assembly i have. I appreciate that i could try to do this using an assembly cut, sketch my stepped diameter hole, but the problem i have with this is showing dimensions on the drawings, they are made independently of one another, so i have a drawing for each disc, i do not issue an assembly drawing. Using assembly cuts, i cannot show the dimensions, the pcr, the angular pitch, they have to be created manually, which i do not like doing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags