cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Possible VB.Net webpage using VB API to connect to Pro/E?

cvansickle
2-Guest

Possible VB.Net webpage using VB API to connect to Pro/E?

All,

I have created a simple VB.Net webpage using VB API on my pc's desktop. It runs fine on the desktop and successfully grabs and displays the current working directory of my Pro/E session. When I move this page to the network, it cannot establish a connection to Pro/E. When I move this off of my computer, I assume the path to the pfclscom.exe is lost (set through environment variable on my pc). Is there a way to specify this path so that a vb.net webpage can connect to Pro/E?

The goal here is to create a webpage rather than a console app in order to allow easier maintenance. I want to avoid having to use the embedded browser in Pro, so weblink is not a good option. Attached you will find the code I am using that works when run on my computer but not from the network.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Corey

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

It's the same problem on .Web/Link sometimes. You need to add the hostPC to the "trusted sites" (german: vertrauenswürdige Seiten) in you Internet Explorer. Than you can start it and the connection is possible.

So it is in .Web/Link can be that this is the same failure.

Thanks for the reply,

This step has already been done, however. Web.Link pages ran on the networkwill link to my pro/e sessions on my pc, but VB API pages ran on the network do not. Any other ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks again.

Top Tags