cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Predicting the behavior of a Burning model and create analysis feature

street_fighter
4-Participant

Predicting the behavior of a Burning model and create analysis feature

Hi friends,

I'm trying to simulate the geometry change for the burning of a perforated cylindrical shape (solid fuel inside a rocket motor) that burns from inside and both sides. I want to recede the thickness with 1 mm until the cylinder completely burned. How can I change the dimensions automatically and obtain the surface area of the new geometry at each burn step, then how to plot these areas with the new thicknesses of the cylinder, or export the results to Excel? I know there is a way by using relation (make the dimension function of the thickness), creating a family table for that automatically generate the new model shapes, saving the surface areas for each new shape, and plotting the areas as a function of each thickness. I tried to do that by myself but I failed.

I really appreciate any kind of help as I have to complete a Ph.D. paper according to this geometrical analysis. I attached here (as a hint) some relevant work using NX software.

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2

It is me too who created the post you referenced. I have re-posted it here looking for a more detailed solution.

thanks, Dale_Rosema

Top Tags