cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ProLocalGroupCreate problem

JD_2779181
9-Granite

ProLocalGroupCreate problem

Hello,

ProGroup t_Group;
ProLocalGroupCreate((ProSolid)asm_mdl,feat_id,num_refs,L"COMPONENTS_TOP",&t_Group);

I have something like this, asm_mdl is an assembly with many part components in, feat_id is an array (feature id) of some (not all) components part inside the assembly, num_refs is the size of the array.

When I run it, a confirmation window opens and says "Group all features in between YES or NO".

When Yes, it creates a Group with all components in the assembly.

When No, nothing happens.

My problem is that I want to group only some part component (the id I have putted in the array) not all.

Another problem, when I create two groups sequentially, the second group is created inside the first group. How can I avoid it?

Thank you guys!

@MichelH @ysinitsyn @rghadge @RPN 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:JD_2779181)

A group must be a continues set of feature ids, the feature number must be n,n+1,n+2 ....

From the Creo Help:

If there are features between the specified features in the regeneration list, you are prompted to group all the features in between. If you do not want to group some of the features within the sequential order, first reorder the features.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:JD_2779181)

A group must be a continues set of feature ids, the feature number must be n,n+1,n+2 ....

From the Creo Help:

If there are features between the specified features in the regeneration list, you are prompted to group all the features in between. If you do not want to group some of the features within the sequential order, first reorder the features.

JD_2779181
9-Granite
(To:RPN)

Yes, you are right. I need to reorder it.

Top Tags