cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ProRibbonDefinitionfileLoad() in Creo2

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

ProRibbonDefinitionfileLoad() in Creo2

Hello!

I am checking the possibilities we have for UI (ribbon) customization with TOOLKIT...

First of all: With Creo 2 M090 I don't get the *.rbn file anymore when saving my customization (done manually in Creo). But it is possible to rename the automatically saved *.uito *.rbn andafter copying thisto the <appdir>\text dir as toolkitribbonui.rbn it is loaded when launching Creo the next time; the app has to be started of course...

With ProRibbonDefinitionfileLoad(L"myribbonname.rbn") it is possible to load a *.rbn with a name different from "toolkitribbonui.rbn". This works for me if myribbonname.rbn is located in <appdir>\text\ribbon.

Now my final question:

Does anyone know if the ProRibbonDefinitionfileLoad() can be called only once??? The answerseems to be "YES".My intention is to load multiple *.rbn to be able to customize Creo's UI more or less completely by Toolkit. For some users I want to display tab1 and tab2, for some other users only tab2 and tab3...

Any experience with that? I am on Creo2 M090.

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

phone: +49 151 21259910

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Andreas,
This is from my experience with J-Link.

You will probably have to create a .rbn for each possible combination.
Tab1_tab2.rbn
Tab2_tab3.rbn
Tab1_tab3.rbn.

Lots of files if you have many combinations.

I have added all general tabs in my master ui file. Then I only need to load the applications specific ui from each application. This way I am not bounded by a launch sequence.

You can update icons and message on the fly, which could by another way of achieving the same result.

When changing icons I need to minimize/maximize the ribbon before the graphics updates. This is done with a macro sequence as J-Link has no methods for this.

/Bjarne
Announcements

Top Tags