cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ProToolkit- Fix lost constraint

msteffke
13-Aquamarine

ProToolkit- Fix lost constraint

I'm a little off the path on this program so bear with me... Everything I am doing is happening in unmanned batch mode using toolkit. I am importing Step model assemblies into session, not linked to Windchill. I am then linking to Windchill while keeping these objects in session.   Objects with the same names as these just imported already exist in Winchill as placeholders.  These placeholders are .asm files that only contain a csys, and they are assembled into this master assy, using Csys contraints. (one simple constraint). Result is the assembly has these imported step files assembled in place to csys.
Issue is, Creo realizes the component csys is not the same. So what I am looking to do is fix the component constraint, basically redefine.  ive read up on TK assembly, there is a lot there to grasp, and have studied the UG constraints.c sample. I want this to be as easy as just updating the contraints.

The TK guide example is all about user interactive selections and highlighting.  I am looking to do all the with two known models that I have, and know  (by parsing) the names of the constraint items.

I have the main assy, and component handles

For each #2 level assembly in the final assembly, I want to:

Visit each. no problem. 

Get the constraints- ProAsmcompConstraintsGet   where do I get asmcomp?

I plan to locate the component placement csys by name, want to set the component constraint to this.  

Then set the constraints.  ProAsmcompConstraintsGet

regenerate.

where dioes ProAsmcomppathInit come into play? 

Have I way oversimplified this ?

Barring someone having a good sample, am I heading in the right direction with these general steps?

The end goal here is autorenders of highly configured equipment,  multiple copies of the same base configured multiple times (up to 24 in a room) .  Basically an entire floor full of our equipment, not just a standalone assembly.  (If this were for Cars, think of a render for not just one car, but for a showroom of cars, and your Master creo model called Car.asm can morph into any model, with any combination of options and accessories and finishes,  and the cars can be lined up in any shape you can imagine)

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags