cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

RS Designer Lite

DiVenti
1-Newbie

RS Designer Lite

I'm pretty sure I've read before that RS Designer Lite is free for maintenance paying customers. I run a 64bit machine on Widows7/64-bit and WF5. Tried to install RS Designer Lite and get this message of "jvm.dll file is missing". Did some search and found out that is a Java file and I'm assuming that RS Designer is not yet ready for Windows7. Anybody out here installed RS Designer on Win7 successfully? P.S. Sorry if not right forum, but couldn't find a RS Designer section.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

i have the same problem, but im running on 32bit win xp. do you have an extension for pro/cabling or pro/piping? i think it should run on that application. i only use plain pro/engineer with mechanism design extension. i think rsd lite is not applicable for non - pro/cabing pro/piping extensions. Can anyone verify if can run on plain pro/engineer?

You can check whether you are eligible for RSD Lite by going to this link.

Does the jvm.dll error occur when installing RSD or when you are running it after installation? Also, what version are you trying to install?

Also, according to this PDF Routed Systems Designer runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit).

Regards,

Martin

DiVenti
1-Newbie
(To:mkemp)

Martin, Thank you for your reply. I checked the link and it has detailed info. According to that I don't think we're eligible.

We puchased a Routed Systems extension I think a while back and we didn't continue to pay maintenance on it but we can't even access the option.

We're on WF5 now.

#PROBUNDLE_10105 1 Routed Systems Option Wildfire Flt Opt perm

Is it possible that our license is set up wrong because even without maintenance on this particula extension we still should be able to acces it.

mkemp
1-Newbie
(To:DiVenti)

I don't know for certain - I don't handle licensing. However, I believe there should be a RSDESIGNER_LITE option in the license that makes it available for you. When did you get that license?

Are you able to get Cabling going in Wildfire 5? If so, you *should* be able to get RSD going but may need input from someone more familiar with the licensing.

Martin

DiVenti
1-Newbie
(To:mkemp)

Thank you for your response.

We don't have Cabling, the Routed System Option license we purchased a few years ago with Pro/E2001 , then upgraded once to WF, and never paid maintenance on that option ever since.

I was just thinking that even without maintenance we should be able to sue that particular option/extension. But it's grayed out.

routed systems extension.JPG

I am using RSD 6.0 lite and installing it on 64 bit windowsxp. getting message of missing file. Is RSD lite compactible 64-bit.

Top Tags