cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Re: Customization of toolbox in creo parametric

VH_10228089
4-Participant

Re: Customization of toolbox in creo parametric

HI,
I'm an beginner in  Creo Parametric ui customization. I'm trying to create ribbon tab with group and button, but can only create the button cascade that have sub-menu. How to create just a button with no any cascade in it ?
Per the post, other questions mentioned in this thread with saving .rbn file I have already resolved, and now I'm confused why I can't design simple button.

VH_10228089_0-1648678102793.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zemanekp
13-Aquamarine
(To:VH_10228089)

[I responded because I kindly thought it was a personal question directly to me 🙂 Unfortunately I will not be the right person to answer the VB API problem.]

But I guess you haven't created any commands/buttons in your application yet. So you can't see it yet and can't add it to Ribbon. You must first Designate() command/button in your application, and after that will your button appear in the TOOLKIT Commands list/category. (A new command/button will probably be created via UICreateCommand().)

I would recommend you a chapter: 'Workflow to Add Menu Items to the Ribbon User Interface' and 'Designating Commands' in the VB API user manual, or wait for the answer of someone more experienced ...

Good luck to you.

PZ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zemanekp
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand. First select/choose  the correct target place in the right Ribbon list - choose Group (second Test(Custom)), then select required Command/Button, and move it from left list to right ribbon panel with arrow. 

(The Cascade menu you can Remove under the RMB context menu.)

PZ

VH_10228089
4-Participant
(To:zemanekp)

I wan to create button for further usage in my app and add my command handler for that button. Yes I can add any button from the list of required commands as a button, but I cant rename it for my purpose:

VH_10228089_0-1648711195334.png

Also I don't see the option how to make just button from the cascade:

VH_10228089_1-1648711253255.png

So the question is open.

In your answer I saw on the screenshot that you have your own created button, and it is not as a cascade:

VH_10228089_2-1648711424771.png

How you created that button ?

zemanekp
13-Aquamarine

[I responded because I kindly thought it was a personal question directly to me 🙂 Unfortunately I will not be the right person to answer the VB API problem.]

But I guess you haven't created any commands/buttons in your application yet. So you can't see it yet and can't add it to Ribbon. You must first Designate() command/button in your application, and after that will your button appear in the TOOLKIT Commands list/category. (A new command/button will probably be created via UICreateCommand().)

I would recommend you a chapter: 'Workflow to Add Menu Items to the Ribbon User Interface' and 'Designating Commands' in the VB API user manual, or wait for the answer of someone more experienced ...

Good luck to you.

PZ

VH_10228089
4-Participant
(To:zemanekp)

"You must first Designate() command/button in your application, and after that will your button appear in the TOOLKIT Commands list/category."

Ok, this is reasonable. Thank you, I'll check this. 

Top Tags