cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Related objects are freed if their host is deleted ?

eenphiniti2.dii
1-Newbie

Related objects are freed if their host is deleted ?

Dear All,

Can anybody help me resolve the issue.

I can see updated drawing in preview but when it is opened there are no dimensions.

Below error comes when drawing is opened.

Related objects are freed if their host is deleted .

I have attached snapshots for reference

Thanks in Advance.

Yathish C.N

4 REPLIES 4

The error message is just a symptom. The preview is how the drawing was last saved, BUT in my experience, this is what happens when the .prt (or .asm) is either not saved or is for some reason not the version that was saved with the drawing.

Thank you Stephen , will check with older version of part and open the drawing.

Good day

The message is because you had something like a symbol placed offset to a dimension, and the dimension has since been deleted in the solid.  This could be because a user retrieved the solid and deleted a lot of stuff, but is more likely that there was some user error in managing the versions of the solid, for example:

1) User A builds drawing D from P.PRT.4

2) User B deletes P.PRT.4 and .3, and redoes the development of the part from P.PRT.2

3) User A retrieves D, and D is trying to show things that don't make sense, like dimensions that 'have never been created'

The right answer is either do not roll back models that other models are using, move forward instead by deleting the new features you no longer want, *or* also roll back the models that reference and depend on this one.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:mender)

I really, really came to hate the drawing preview. So many times I would open a drawing, look at the sheets, see that everything looked OK, and then plot - only to get garbage. If I want to save what a drawing looks like I use a PDF; there's no good that comes from the preview.

Top Tags