cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Running the toolkit on Windows 10

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

Running the toolkit on Windows 10 will cause an error.
Add _USING_V100_SDK71_ to the preprocessor to avoid errors.
I have to develop with VS2008 for some reason.
Some of our important customers are using WF 5.0.
Sometimes they can use WF5.0 on Windows10.
However, adding _USING_V100_SDK71_ to VS2008's preprocessor will not run the toolkit on Windows 10.
If you refer to the Creo 3.0 library and the WF5.0 header in VS2012, the Toolkit will not run in WF5.0 because it is a Creo 3.0.
How do I use the toolkit I build with VS2008 on Windows 10?

21 REPLIES 21

I dont think WF 5.0 is supported on Windows 10. Check with PTC about this.

If WF 5.0 is not supported on  Windows 10 then you can suggest your customer to not use it.

The customer is using WF5.0 on Windows 10.
We also developed a toolkit for Windows 7.
The toolkit does not run on Windows 10.
But Windows 7 will run the toolkit.

Official PTC site says that Windows 10 will not run WF5.0.
But it will run ..

If PTC is saying WF5.0 is nmot supported in Windows 10 then how can toolkit library work ?

Somehow it may be working but it may fail with some other functionality.

Better if you suggest your customer to not use WF5.0 on Windows 10.

WF5.0 works on Windows 10.

Official PTC site says no, but it works
The important point is that the customer is using WF5.0 on Windows 10 and hopes to use the toolkit on Windows 10.

They stick to WF 5.0 because of their long-used know-how.

Using the toolkit on Windows 10. This is the most important point.

You can use _USING_V70_SDK71_ on e-support.
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS261576&language=en&posno=1&q=_USING_V110_SDK71_&source=search
But it does not work on VS2008 that I develop.

This is the goal.

It turns out that WF5.0 does not officially work on Windows 10, but it does.
Test yourself.
And since WF5.0 is not supported on Windows 10, the answer to convince customers is spec.

This is the goal.

Hi,

please do not expect that community members will solve your problem. I suggest you to contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

MartinHanak, Does PTC look into the issues for which compatibility is not provided as per standard document?

@Ketan_Lalcheta wrote:

MartinHanak, Does PTC look into the issues for which compatibility is not provided as per standard document?

Hi,

I am not sure 😞

Opening a Case does not take much time, why not try it ?

Martin Hanák

Sounds Good....

I opened the case in PTC but it is not supported.
However, they gave me some advice.

PTC encouraged customers to upgrade to CREO 2.0 or higher.

PTC has told me to install and test Visual Studio in a Windows 10 environment.

I do not have official support, so I was wondering if there was a case in the community that experienced the same problem and solved it.

I will continue to try to use the toolkit built with VS2008 in the Windows 10 environment.
We will also suggest upgrade CREO 2.0 and higher to use toolkit that build with CREO 2.0

thank

I have installed Creo (M020) in the system of Win 10. After the April update of the windows (1803) there is a problem with the work in Creo 2. Double letters. What should I do ?

For Windows 10, the update will delete the Flexnet service.
Restart or reinstall the Creo License Server to fix the problem

Nothing helped. Maybe describe the problem. When in some model part wants to change the dimension by "edit", add eg 25 mm "+25" in window Creo appears "++ 2255". However, if you want to enter (also by "edit"), for example, "120" in Creo will show "1120". When I remove the "backspace" dimension and want to enter "120", a strange character appears before dimension "120" and Creo does not load this dimension "120". The amount that was before the change to the dimension "120". The same applies to entering characters in other dilapid windows in Creo.

Did you solve it?
If so, how did you fix it?

Not yet. I know that if Creo upgrades to a higher level, the problem will not be. At one of the forum, somebody gave me this information. I am also waiting for October Winodows updates. Maybe the problem will disappear

Not yet. I know that if Creo upgrades to a higher level, the problem will not be. At one of the forum, somebody gave me this information. I am also waiting for October Winodows updates. Maybe the problem will disappear

The compatibility of CREO2.0 and Windows10 is as follows.

image_51.png

Therefore, it seems to be preferable to use version M190 or higher 

Yes I know. But for updates Creo 2 (M190) pay almost as much as for Creo 4  Smiley Happy

@Stanislaw123 wrote:

Yes I know. But for updates Creo 2 (M190) pay almost as much as for Creo 4  Smiley Happy

License file which you use to run Creo 2.0 M020 enables you to run any Mxxx version of Creo 2.0. If you are able to get M190+ installation media, then you can install it and use it. No expenses are necessary.

Martin Hanák

If I want to update Creo 2 (to M190 +) then I have to do it through my salesman. He can download it himself. I will try ... Thanks to everyone

Stan.

@Stanislaw123 wrote:

Nothing helped. Maybe describe the problem. When in some model part wants to change the dimension by "edit", add eg 25 mm "+25" in window Creo appears "++ 2255". However, if you want to enter (also by "edit"), for example, "120" in Creo will show "1120". When I remove the "backspace" dimension and want to enter "120", a strange character appears before dimension "120" and Creo does not load this dimension "120". The amount that was before the change to the dimension "120". The same applies to entering characters in other dilapid windows in Creo.

Hi,

I met the same problem in Creo 2.0 M030. When I installed Creo 2.0 M240, problem has gone.

I do not believe that some future Microsoft update will resolve the problem.

Martin Hanák

WF5.0 is not supported for Windows 10:

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/77552/en/proewf5.pdf

Top Tags