cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Setting Common Name of Drawing after creation with pfcSession.BaseSession.CreateDrawingFromTemplate

TomDecock
12-Amethyst

Setting Common Name of Drawing after creation with pfcSession.BaseSession.CreateDrawingFromTemplate

Has anyone tried to set the Common Name of a drawing after creating the drawing with the J-Link method

• pfcSession.BaseSession.CreateDrawingFromTemplate ?
  • We experience that the method IsCommonNameModifiable returns false, and the Common Name of the drawing cannot be set with the method SetCommonName, even if the drawing has not yet been uploaded to Windchill PDMLink and the config.pro option
  • let_proe_rename_pdm_objects is set to yes.
  • It seems to work for Assemblies and Parts, but not for drawings.
  • Thanx for any suggestion 😉
2 REPLIES 2
sbots
9-Granite
(To:TomDecock)

I am not sure if you have figured this out yet but I was experiencing the same problem and it turns out that you need to store the template file outside of PDM Link. For some reason if the drawing is created from a template that is retrieved from the data management tool you cannot change the PTC COMMON NAME even if it has never been uploaded. I began using a template outside of PDM Link and have had not issues setting the PTC COMMON NAME.

Hope this helps, Scott

To change the common name use model.setCommonName() method in JLink.

Top Tags