cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Startup of application failed - otk_java_appl CREO 7.0

hamzawaseem
6-Contributor

Startup of application failed - otk_java_appl CREO 7.0

Hi,

I am trying to work with CREO Object Toolkit Java, there are few sample apps such as "InstallTest" and a User Guide, I followed the User Guide but still unable to run java apps, I get this error when starting any auxiliary application, "Startup of application failed".  My version is 7.0. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Hamza

Hamza
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@hamzawaseem wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to work with CREO Object Toolkit Java, there are few sample apps such as "InstallTest" and a User Guide, I followed the User Guide but still unable to run java apps, I get this error when starting any auxiliary application, "Startup of application failed".  My version is 7.0. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Hamza

Hi,

1.]

Install Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0 ... do not forget install item containing Java OTK and J-Link.

2.]

Install 64bit version of Java ... JDK and JRE

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html 

3.]

Compile "InstallTest" ... see my following batch file

@echo off

set CLASSPATH=E:\PTC\Creo7_020_Jlink\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\text\java\otk.jar;%CLASSPATH%
set CLASSPATH=E:\PTC\Creo7_020_Jlink\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\text\java\pfcasync.jar;%CLASSPATH%
echo CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%

del *.jar

del *.class

del trail.txt.*

D:\programy\jdk1.8.0_271\bin\javac.exe *.java

D:\programy\jdk1.8.0_271\bin\jar.exe cvf mh.jar *.class

pause

4.]

Add following option into config.pro file, for example

jlink_java_command D:\programy\jre1.8.0_271_64bit\bin\java.exe

5.]

Start Creo and run application.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Try typing "startup failed" in the "Search all content" window at the top right of the page you're viewing this on. Lots of results there, since this question is an oft-repeated one. Likely something to do with not having the JRE installed or your path specification being incomplete or wrong, I guess. I'm not doing any J-Link stuff with Creo, so I can't help with specifics.

Could it be a missing license for JOTK?

I am not sure you can develop JOTK without one.

Dave

Martin Hanák

@hamzawaseem wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Hamza

Hi,

1.]

Install Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0 ... do not forget install item containing Java OTK and J-Link.

2.]

Install 64bit version of Java ... JDK and JRE

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html 

3.]

Compile "InstallTest" ... see my following batch file

@echo off

set CLASSPATH=E:\PTC\Creo7_020_Jlink\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\text\java\otk.jar;%CLASSPATH%
set CLASSPATH=E:\PTC\Creo7_020_Jlink\Creo 7.0.2.0\Common Files\text\java\pfcasync.jar;%CLASSPATH%
echo CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%

del *.jar

del *.class

del trail.txt.*

D:\programy\jdk1.8.0_271\bin\javac.exe *.java

D:\programy\jdk1.8.0_271\bin\jar.exe cvf mh.jar *.class

pause

4.]

Add following option into config.pro file, for example

jlink_java_command D:\programy\jre1.8.0_271_64bit\bin\java.exe

5.]

Start Creo and run application.

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin, this and also your solution on another post helped.

Hamza
Top Tags