cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Startup order of external applications

MichelH
12-Amethyst

Startup order of external applications

Dear community,

I have an CREO 4.0 M080 installation with an external application which is not provided by me. I asume it to be a toolkit application (dlls are present). Startup of CREO is without GUI. Creo is closed by external application after the tasked has successfully finished. I coded a OTK java free application initalised by a protk.tk file, which runs fine stand-alone without the other application. In combination with the toolkit app it does not work. It seems that my java app comes second, but since the toolkit app closes the CREO session this is the wrong order of starting the two external applications.

Do you know how I can start the java application before the other (toolkit) application?

In general: I don't understand how the other application get's initialised without protk/creotk.dat file. Any ideas?

Kind regards

Michael

11 REPLIES 11
MichelH
12-Amethyst
(To:MichelH)

Hello.

Do you start first an external application and then the application lunching Creo? In this case indeed it can be asynchronous.

External application can start Creo without your applications.

You protk.dat is placed in Starting Working Directory or config.pro pointing to protk.dat?

Hello ysinitsyn,

this is what I don't understand. Creo is started with a command line call something like: parametric.bat -g:no_graphics -i:rpc_input [...]

By doing so the external (toolkit) app get's launched without having any (obvious) protk.dat or config file calling it. I have an OTK java app that works fine stand-alone by using config.pro and protk.dat launching it...

Unfortunally I have no access to the developer of that external toolkit app.

Kind regards,

Michael

@MichelH wrote:

Hello ysinitsyn,

this is what I don't understand. Creo is started with a command line call something like: parametric.bat -g:no_graphics -i:rpc_input [...]

By doing so the external (toolkit) app get's launched without having any (obvious) protk.dat or config file calling it. I have an OTK java app that works fine stand-alone by using config.pro and protk.dat launching it...

Unfortunally I have no access to the developer of that external toolkit app.

Kind regards,

Michael

Hi,

I think you have to provide more details about external (toolkit) app.

Martin Hanák

I saw a method like this:

1. External application is starting from own exe file (or link to this file)

2. At the start the application create protk.dat at runtime. Every start - new .dat file

3. The .dat file is copied to temp folder

4. temp folder is used as a Working Directory for Creo

5. After that external application lunching Creo.

Another way: during install process external application is copy .dat file to text folder of Creo installation path.

So, will be helpful if you can post more info about startup process, Or post link file, bat files used for starting external application.

The external app converts CREO models into a neutral formats (STEP, IGES, ...). During the execution of a batch script CREO is call by:

call parametric.exe parametric.psf pro_wait -g:no_graphics -i:rpc_input +batch:%BATCH_FILE%

I currently have the guess that the external application is not registered by config.pro, creotk.dat or protk.dat file but in some other way. If I start CREO from the batch folder in GUI mode (so without "-g:no_graphics" etc.) there are additional commands available (of the external application). But if I check for auxiliary applications there are no apps registered. Are there ways of registering external apps other than by config.pro, creotk.dat or protk.dat if you start CREO by executing parametric.exe?

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

How is the external app started ? It is started by user or it is started while starting creo ?

Assynchronous application are normal windows programs with main functions and then are connected to creo session. 

MichelH
12-Amethyst
(To:sjuraj)

It is not started separately. It is part of the CREO environment, but not visible as an auxiliary application.

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

There is protk.dat field called allow_stop. When it is false application is not listed in the list. 

Look for protk.dat (or creotk.dat) file in one of this locations

If no .dat file if found application is assynchronous or is loaded by another synchronous application.

MichelH
12-Amethyst
(To:sjuraj)

@sjuraj wrote:

There is protk.dat field called allow_stop. When it is false application is not listed in the list. 

Ah, that's interesting. I didn't know that!

Look for protk.dat (or creotk.dat) file in one of this locations

I already did and found no protk.dat or creotk. dat file  but I will check it again...

If no .dat file if found application is assynchronous or is loaded by another synchronous application.

There is no registered auxiliary application at all. So I blieve no other application can load it.

Is it also possible to register external applications by windows registry?

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine

I think it is not possible to load app via registry.

In the list of locations in not config file. Try to find protk.dat in config file.

Top Tags