cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Toolkit customisation | make file or visual studio

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Toolkit customisation | make file or visual studio

Hi

I started customization using toolkit since ProE 4.0 and used make file approach only once or twice till date...

We used to create visual studio solution for this purpose.

I am wondering what is the best way to go for toolkit customisation? Make file or visual studio solutions?

Any thoughts?
1 REPLY 1
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

@Ketan_Lalcheta wrote:
Hi

I started customization using toolkit since ProE 4.0 and used make file approach only once or twice till date...

We used to create visual studio solution for this purpose.

I am wondering what is the best way to go for toolkit customisation? Make file or visual studio solutions?

Any thoughts?

Ketan,

If you would ask this question in 1999 you would have a lively discussion - at that time we had to contend with HPUX, SGI-IRIX, SunOS, Solaris, MS Windows, Borland and ANSI C.

IMHO, in 2019 using a visual studio solution or a 'make' file affects mostly you workflow/code organization and all other code writing tasks which are usually consuming the vast majority of programmer's time. The byte code will be the same in either case (the same compiler and linker switches and libraries have to be used of course). 

HIH.

FV.

Top Tags