cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unlocking this application requires option TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings

VV_9675323
7-Bedrock

Unlocking this application requires option TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings

I was trying to unlock my Async  application then this msg shown.

Command I use:

protk_unlock.bat myapp.exe

7 REPLIES 7

@VV_9675323 wrote:

I was trying to unlock my Async  application then this msg shown.

Command I use:

protk_unlock.bat myapp.exe

Hi,

check whether your license contain feature number 222 (TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings).

Martin Hanák
VinJovanovic
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings is a nightmare.  It's embedded into the pt_examples and I cannot get PTC to remove those calls.  They even claim that for version 7.0.3 there is no problems, but I still see it.  I cannot unlock pt_examples without that license. Do not recompile pt_example.dll because it will be locked and you don't have a way to removed a lock if you don't have this license.

Does anyone know when this TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings license was established?  I see no other way but to choose Creo before that to recompile pt_examples that I can use work work later.

@VinJovanovic wrote:

TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings is a nightmare.  It's embedded into the pt_examples and I cannot get PTC to remove those calls.  They even claim that for version 7.0.3 there is no problems, but I still see it.  I cannot unlock pt_examples without that license. Do not recompile pt_example.dll because it will be locked and you don't have a way to removed a lock if you don't have this license.

Does anyone know when this TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings license was established?  I see no other way but to choose Creo before that to recompile pt_examples that I can use work work later.

Hi,

please ask PTC Support directly.

Martin Hanák
VinJovanovic
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

I already did file a call for this a couple of times.  They told me they fixed in 7.0.3 (as I already wrote above) it and those 3D license calls are not in pt_examples, but they are.  You simply cannot recompile pt_examples because you cannot unlock the dll if you don't have this license.  And I need to recompile that project if I want to stpe through the code to see how things are done.  Again, it is a nightmare.

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:VinJovanovic)

You can run the compiled Application with your Toolkit License, why is there a need to unlock the example DLL? 
Most of the example is well structured, maybe you only need to get rid of a handful includes.

The TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings is necessary for all APIs involving 3D annotations.
If you take a look in the Toolkit user guide you can see this license mentioned when you lookup a function involving 3D annotations.

Best regards,

John Bijnens

VinJovanovic
5-Regular Member
(To:JB_87049)

You guys are not paying attention to what I am describing.  If you make_examples in your toolkit directory, you'll get a recompiled pt_examples.dll which is not going to get loaded into Creo if you don't have toolkit 3D license.  This is so because pt_example project contains API calls that require this license which I don't have and those are difficult to find if you want to remove them.   You have to search through the whole project and find those calls that require 3D license that you can see in user guide.  I already filed a call with PTC that these API calls should be removed, but it hasn't been done and it looks like it will never be done.  Yes, sure TOOLKIT-for-3D_Drawings is for annotations for calls labeled in user guide.  How does that help me!?  Why is there a need to recompile examples? Because, if you want to step through the code using visual studio, you need to create a visual studio project which you will compile as debug in order to step through.  But, if you recompile, you can't run it if you don't have that license.   You can't get rid of "handful" includes.  pt_example is code that has been created for 30 years and I have been working with toolkit for 25.  You can't just go in there and remove something without knowing what you are doing.  Even thought the code is crosslinked with the user guide, it is notoriously difficult to find place where something is on the menus so that you can see how it runs.  I spend inordinate amount of time trying to find where the crosslinked code is on the menus.  If you can create a project and recompile it would be easier to search through things within visual studio.

Top Tags