cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

VB Api program convert from .NET framework to .NET 5.0

spfeifenberger
7-Bedrock

VB Api program convert from .NET framework to .NET 5.0

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade my VB.NET program from framework to .NET 5.0

After upgrading with the converter from Microsoft I have the problem, that some classes are not casted correct.

For example I get error: Public member 'CurrentModel' on type 'IDpfcSession' not found

for line: ...asyncConnection.Session.CurrentModel

Does anybody has a solution?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Did you mean that you want to update the program from VB.NET to C# .NET 5.0 ?

Or just update version .NET libraries?

i want to upgrade from VB .NET framework 4.X to VB .NET 5.0(6.0) if it works.

A switch to C# is planned on the long run, but not at the moment

Did you switch to new Creo Parametric version? What Creo version did you using now?

Maybe, need to Registering the new COM Server and referencing to new COM library in VS.

i switched to Creo 8 before and the code was working. But i now realized this kind of problem with also classes also, lige excel.workbook.cells is casted to range and not excel.range. It seems, like its not creo specific. But i don't know from where it comes.

Hello @spfeifenberger,

As far as I know, the errors you are seeing are caused due to changes made in VB .NET 5.0 (6.0) when compared to older version. You may have to consider changing the code (declaration of few variables or classes) as per the new supported way. Yes. This issue is NOT specific to Creo VB API Type Library.

Thanks,

Seshu

thank you for your response, i'll stay to framework for the moment, it's to much efford at teh moment

BR

Sebastian

Top Tags