cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

VB or Toolkit app to use geomoutline...

WayneBeck
1-Newbie

VB or Toolkit app to use geomoutline...

Good Morning,

I am new to VB and Toolkit and am trying to figure out how to write what should be a simple app. I want to use the geomoutline function get the bounding box size. Then take the x, y, z values and write them out to parameters. I already have a quote from fishbowl for the app they have developed which does exactly what I am looking for. But I figured this should not be that hard. I am not looking for someone to hand over anything, looking more for a helping hand on how to do this.

Thanks,

Wayne

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Wayne,

I don't know about VB API's but I use Toolkit and we have done this type of
thing recently in less than a day. You need to look at

ProSolidOutlineCompute -> computes the bounding box dimensions
ProGraphicsPolylineDraw -> draws the poly line
ProSelectionHighlight -> highlights the given info in the Pro/E GUI.

Regards,
Krishna Konjeti.

Announcements

Top Tags