cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

WF4.0 and VS2003

sergio72
1-Newbie

WF4.0 and VS2003

Hi,
im triying to compile my old toolkit apps in WF2.0 to WF4.0 and im
having a lot of linker errors, its seems that toolkit for WF4.0 its linked
with VC8.0 libraries that comes with VS2005. Im using VS2003 but we need
to upgrade our toolkits from WF2.0 to WF4.0 and im not sure if its posible
to link WF4.0 toolkit with VS2003. Before upgrading to a VS2005 license we
need to be sure that this is the only way to compile and link WF4.0
toolkits.
Any one knows the right linker options to compile and link WF4.0 toolkits
with VS2003?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

As far as I know you have to use VS2005 to compile for WF4. And you need VS2008 for Toolkit WF5.

From WF3 (and so with WF2) to WF4 there are additional/other libs to link in the compiler/linker settings.

The differences in libsfrom WF3 to 4 and to 5 are described in the section "Summary Of Technical Changes" in the API Browser documentation for Wildfire 4 and 5.

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

You can always check the Pro/TOOLKIT compiler compatibility by looking at the Platform Support section on ptc.com. They don't have the Pro/TOOLKIT Wildfire 5.0 document up there yet but here is the link to the 4.0 document.

Hi williams, thanks a lot for the information its nice to have
someone like you at this forum. We will try to upgrade to VS2005 but not
yet, until we do it we will still using VS2003, can you send me a link
where i can find the document that describes how to use WF4.0+VS2003 that
you said?

"Williams, Patrick S." <->
08/01/2010 14:33
Please respond to
"Williams, Patrick S." <->

To
Andreas Hellmann <->, "-"
<->
cc

Subject
[proecus] - RE: WF4.0 and VS2003

You can always check the Pro/TOOLKIT compiler compatibility by looking at
the Platform Support section on ptc.com. They don’t have the Pro/TOOLKIT
Wildfire 5.0 document up there yet but here is the link to the 4.0
document.

Sergio,
No problem at all. I would follow the steps/concepts in the document but it is targeted for a 64 bit development environment. However; the section on starting Visual Studio to use the SDK is the important part. Please don’t hesitate to give me a call if you have any troubles. In fact, you can use this technique with the free IDEs (express versions) that Microsoft offers. For example, you could download Visual Studio Express 2005 and point it at the W2K3 Server R2 SDK and successfully compile your applications. It’s quite easy. This would avoid the cost of the upgrade. Remember, and IDE is just a “visual” way to organize your project. It is NOT a compiler and linker. The compiler/linker is actually a command line executable. PTC supports the COMPILER that ships with the various versions of Visual Studio, NOT the IDE itself. Good luck!

Announcements

Top Tags