cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

cache folder C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire

rsobecki
12-Amethyst

cache folder C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire

Hi PTC Folks!

Could you be so kind and give me an detailed description what contain cache folders and what user need to secure if wish to reinstall Creo or how to manage this if user wish to use two Creo versions like e.g. 2.0 and 3.0?

I also create an idea about request to update the product name in the folder path:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4605

Thanks in advance!

BR

Roman

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Roman,

if you want to set different cache paths for individual Creo installations, I suggest you to add the following line at the end of psf file (default one is parametric.psf located in ...\Parameteri\bin directory).

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\CACHE_version_name

This line sets specific value of PTC_WF_ROOT variable for specific Creo installation.

You have to create target directories manually and set appropriate permissions.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags