cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

creo parametric - restricted variable file from cloud won't load

Luren_Tz
3-Visitor

creo parametric - restricted variable file from cloud won't load

Hi there,

recently i decided to create a specific restricted parameter to add in my start part.prt

i've followed the "external file" approach and i 've created a .txt with my   parameter.

Then i've updated my config.pro adding the path of the new file.

Initially Creo (version 9.06) was not loading the file and i could understand why.

After few trials i've found my issue.

My configuration files were stored in a windows folder managed by nextcloud (the cloud storage software my company use ). 

By the time i moved the restricted parameters file into a local folder , (such as my desktop)

Creo was perfectly able to load the file and use the parameter.

My question here is how to keep the possibility to store the file among the other configuration files inside the cloud environment.

Does Creo agent have anything to do with this?

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Luren_Tz)

Creo Agent should not have anything to do with this.

I store my restricted_params.dat file on a shared network drive and everyone here loads it successfully. Try to navigate to your shared folder location from with Creo to see if you can get there. IT may be blocking something along the path. Are you using a shared drive letter (P:/) or a UNC path (//server/folder) to locate the file in your config.pro?

Thank you Ben for your super fast reply.

The past i was using is like :

C:\Users\my_name\Nextcloud\CREO\Settings\restricted.txt

At same address a lot of other config files are pointed like:

holes table

standard parts

materials library 

and so on

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Do your other settings work properly when using that same folder structure?

The restricted parameter file is very easy to format incorrectly which will cause it to not read when Creo tries to load it.

You cannot assign a restricted parameter file to a start part, it is system wide load when Creo starts.

Yes they do, perfectly.

Point is the file is properly loaded if for example i keep on the desktop.

And yes, you are right. It tooke few attempts before to have the file with correct syntax.

Even if it is a very poor and easy one:

ND_ParamDefArr_K01 = {

{ Name = tipo
Type = string
Default = 'Machined'
Enum = { 'Machined' , 'Reworked' , 'Pastic' , 'Motor' , 'Fastener' }

}

}

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

That is really weird!

Very simple file and formatted right.

Do you use Windchill? But that should not have an affect on this.

How is your Creo Agent configured? There was an issue at Creo2, but since resolved concerning Creo Agent and the restricted parameter file not loading. Article - CS242865 - Unable to load the restricted value parameter file in Creo Parametric (ptc.com)

Ben,

i'm probably doing something wrong.. fors ure.

I'm not using windchill. I'm just trying to implement some configurations and make them available for another bunch of colleagues.

So far i never felt the need to configure or tune any creo agent. I don't even know it honestly.

The doubt that i  had to use it came exactly after reading the CS242865  you pointed. 

i'm documenting myself better on the agent and come back to you soon.

Thanks for your time

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

I don’t want to change the game, but if you have the assumption that all legal value will update, if you change the restricted parameter file, then you are wrong. You need in this case, update the value list manually in the parameter dialogue window for each model!

Luren_Tz
3-Visitor
(To:RPN)

RPN , thanks for jumping in.

Nobody had that assumption so far.

And yes you are right .

Values have to be updated manually for each part. That is part of the game.

Announcements

Top Tags