cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

drawing using .frm

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

drawing using .frm

Hello I need to create new drawing using .frm file using toolkit. I tried API ProDrawingFromTmpltCreate(), but same is not working. This API is working for drawing creation using .drw file. Any thoughts will be of great help. Thanks in advance. Regards Ketan

5 REPLIES 5

Your first need to create a drawing by a template and then change the frame .frm. You can do this by ProDrawingFormatAdd(). The easiest way is to use an empty drw, so you don't need to think about pending tables.

Br,

Eike

Hi Appreciate your help. I will be able to add template using suggested API. How can I create a drawing by a template? Any specific API is there? I am not able to use ProDrawingFromTmpltCreate for same purpose.

You need to create it by this way. So I use it in my code and it works. Only other way is to do it by a sync. mapkey. But I wouldn't do it if you don't need it. Whats the feedback of your code? Can you post a sniplet?

There is a PTC example for this (put it in as file).

You need to change the mdl template name to an empty template of your choice.

Br,

Eike

If I do not use extension into template name (for example, a), API returns -1 i.e. General error. If I use extension into template name (for example, a.frm), API returns -4 i.e. template file is not found. if I use drawing extension into template name (for example, a.drw), API returns works fine.

Oh ... I think it's not the same as inside the documentation, but if it works it is a solution : ) It's sometimes that way that you need to check a little bit. Most things are declared perfectly, but sometimes stuff isn't declared that well.

Br,

Eike

Top Tags