cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

flat pattern view for the drawing

AA_10315405
3-Visitor

flat pattern view for the drawing

Hi Team,

Greetings,

I am working on the code for drawing to add flat pattern view, please help me on this. Api/ code anything would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Abdul

5 REPLIES 5
msteffke
13-Aquamarine
(To:AA_10315405)

This may not be exactky what you're looking for, but I Create a template files with the flat view already in it, then use toolkit to create a drawing using that template.  I have a templates for TOP, FRONT, AND RIGHT as the view of the flat that the user can select from. 

BR84
12-Amethyst
(To:msteffke)

If I need a flat view - I have a mapkey to create one, and then do other stuff - create or open a drawing and export it as dxf, etc.

Perhaps it is a solution for you. 

map key again , we are diverting away from Programming..but i need through program.

That means you are creating views for the flat pattern instance not for the original one. i need the basic views( unbended version) first and then flat veiw

BR84
12-Amethyst
(To:AA_10315405)

See here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Part-Family-table-create-drawing/m-p/859608#M128121

I have provided a code that works for me. 

I simply click one button (I've got two buttons - one if there is and a second if there is no flat view set ) - and dxf is generated. 

See what you can do with it.

Cheers!

Top Tags