cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

how to find surface type by a point?

renz212121
5-Regular Member

how to find surface type by a point?

Hi,

I got one problem. I use ProSolidOutlineGet() to get the bounding box's size.

By maximum and minimum values of X, Y, and Z, I use them to get a plane and get points as starting points in ProSolidRayIntersectionCompute().

Now, I got an interference point on the surface, but I can't find any way or function to get the surface type.

Can I use a point to get the surface type? Does anyone have some advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The process to find the surface type at a given point involves several steps:

1. Use ProGeometryAtPointFind. This will give you an array of ProSellection objects.

2. for each member of the sellection array get the corresponding modelitem with ProSelectionModelitemGet. Use the type member of the modelitem to find if it's a surface or other type of entity.

3. If is a surface use ProGeomitemToSurface to get the surface handle and then ProSurfaceTypeGet to get the surface type.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The process to find the surface type at a given point involves several steps:

1. Use ProGeometryAtPointFind. This will give you an array of ProSellection objects.

2. for each member of the sellection array get the corresponding modelitem with ProSelectionModelitemGet. Use the type member of the modelitem to find if it's a surface or other type of entity.

3. If is a surface use ProGeomitemToSurface to get the surface handle and then ProSurfaceTypeGet to get the surface type.

renz212121
5-Regular Member
(To:GabrielZaha)

OK, Thank you for your reply. I will try it.

Top Tags