cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

j-link JDK

joe_c
12-Amethyst

j-link JDK

Folks

I cant seem to run index.html and API wizard  in jlink or weblink.  The idle error: Testing for existing Java Foundation Classes (swing). Please wait...

I have downloaded the latest java JDK 8 update 91 which comes with JRE.  But then i read that PTC supports 1.4.1 only

Has anyone run into the same?

joe

5 REPLIES 5
PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone
(To:joe_c)

Hi Jose,

which browser you are using?

It's not working for me in google chrome & working fine with Internet explorer V9.

also I Installed jdk1.7 & jre 7.

Check Your Internet explorer

Tools → Manage Addon. (Check highlighted add on available)

Java Addon.JPG

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"
joe_c
12-Amethyst
(To:PARTHIBAN_K)

Hi Parthiban

This is what i have in IE11.  I am missing the Java Plug-in..  I thought it would download automatically with the JDK kit 1.8.0_91 (64 bit)

java.PNG

I keep getting this error when opening index.html and API wizard

ptcerror.PNG

thanks a lot..

PARTHIBAN_K
15-Moonstone
(To:joe_c)

Hi Jose,

jdk 1.8 only not enough, you also need to install jre7 or above version.

Java Runtime Environment (JRE) : It is virtural machine inwhich your java application can run. JRE containts plug-in for browser to execute java applets.

j-link index.html run as java applet, so you must install JRE also

Java Development Kit (JDK) : It use to develop java applications, simply it is a compiler. JDK includes JRE.

My assumption is it will work when you seperately install JRE also, just try this method also

Parthiban Kannan

href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthiban-kannan/" target="_blank"
joe_c
12-Amethyst
(To:PARTHIBAN_K)

Parthi

The JDK installs the JRE but nevertheless I downloaded the jre-8u91-windows-x64.exe instead of the tar,gz file.  I still cant get it to run. It looks the same as it did before.

FILE.PNG

I wonder if I should  try a lower version of java. I am in Windows 10..  Or should install netbeans or eclipse.. Will that download the plugin?

Top Tags