cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

jlink: 3D import gets wrong file extensions and import in one monolithic part

ThomasStep
5-Regular Member

jlink: 3D import gets wrong file extensions and import in one monolithic part

Hello,

I converted an 3D Assembly to the neutral format IGES (see STOSSDAEMPFER.igs in folder input).

An then I want to convert this file to a Pro/E model with CREO3 jlink.
Here my code:
Model model = session.ImportNewModel("C:\\my_path\\STOSSDAEMPFER.igs", NewModelImportType.IMPORT_NEW_IGES, ModelType.MDL_ASSEMBLY, "STOSSDAEMPFER", null);
model.Save();

The result of this conversion is in folder output.

Now I have following questions:
1. The Assembly and Sub-Assembly files (stossdaempfer.prt.1, stossdaempfer_daempfer.prt.1, stossdaempfer_gehaeuse.prt.1, stossdaempfer_motor.prt.1 and stossdaempfer_schwimmlager.prt.1) have the file extensions .prt instead of .asm. When I open one of my Assembly files in Pro/E GUI I get the error message e.g. "'STOSSDEAMPFER' cannot be retrievied". When I change the file extensions .prt to .asm of my Assembly files I can I open the Assembly files in Pro/E GUI.
What is the reason of the wrong file extensions .prt of my Assembly files?

2. Can I configure that only one monolithic part is created?

Thank's for your hints, Thomas
1 REPLY 1
ThomasStep
5-Regular Member
(To:ThomasStep)

Hello,

the reason of the wrong file extensions was the calling code. Normally the output are asm and prt files (see output.zip).

The question remains: How can I configure, that the ouput is one monolithic part?

Thank you in advance, Thomas

Top Tags