cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

projected entities in sketch for extrude cut using API ProSectionEntityFromProjection()

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

projected entities in sketch for extrude cut using API ProSectionEntityFromProjection()

Hi

We can create extrude cut as incomplete feature first without adding section.

Next step is to get section element from incomplete created feature and add entities to section and then redefine feature.

This flow is working perfectly fine if I add all entities using API ProSectionEntityAdd().

Instead of using API ProSectionEntityAdd() due to effort required to find entity type and it's co-ordinates (requirement for API ProSectionEntityAdd()) , I thought to use projected entities.

I had a feature and from that feature, I collected edges which can be used to project on projection plane i.e. sketch plane of extrude cut.So, ultimately I found out selection object from edges to be projected.

On each selection object of edges, I am doing ProSectionEntityFromProjection() which works without error and I am getting entity ID also.These edges are getting added into sketch references also.

Now, issue is that my redefined feature i.e. extrude cut is failed to regenerate as it has error in section. Error in section suggests that "section must contain geometric entities".

What I am not getting is that does ProSectionEntityFromProjection() API add items to sketch references only?

How to add those into sketch to have complete sketch?

Feel free to ask for any clarification.

Any thought or hint would be of great help.

Thanks a lot in advance..!

Regards
Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Done. I had to add entities again to section using

ProSectionEntityGet() and ProSectionEntityAdd(). I thought alone ProSectionEntityFromProjection() would be able to solve the purpose.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Done. I had to add entities again to section using

ProSectionEntityGet() and ProSectionEntityAdd(). I thought alone ProSectionEntityFromProjection() would be able to solve the purpose.

Top Tags