cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

why can't get pixel depth from proE model window with openGL

jzli
1-Newbie

why can't get pixel depth from proE model window with openGL

I am using pro/Toolkit to develope some code to read pixel depth of proE model from proE view window with openGL function glReadPixels(), but all I got was 1. Actually it should be different value for different pixel of the model displaying. The codes are as following, const int width=1024; const int height=768; float z[width*height]; glReadPixels(0,0,width,height,GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT,GL_FLOAT,z); Any comment is welcome and appreciated.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:jzli)

I'm not sure of it, but I think that Pro/E display is in 3 dimensions only when moving a part (I observed it when playing with "stereo display" option of my graphic card driver). When a part or assembly isn't moved or just dragged, it seems to be a 2D display. I don't know if it could help you...
jzli
1-Newbie
(To:SylvainA.)

Thanks for the information. But what does moving mean? rotating? I still think it should have Z information for each pixel even when a part not moving, otherwise it will be no way for proE to perform pick action on the screen.
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:jzli)

Yes, rotating. The only thing I know is that, five years ago with WF1 on an HP workstation, the stereoscopic display (NVIDIA Quadro) was effective only when rotating. When I was releasing the middle mouse button, the display became "standard", even if I drag the model... That's why I think display is in 3d only when rotating.
jzli
1-Newbie
(To:SylvainA.)

Any other ideas? Thanks
Top Tags