cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

working directory on startup?

erine
12-Amethyst

working directory on startup?

Hello,

I would like to startup CP 3.0/4.0 and automatically be in a specific working directory drive instead of C:\Prostart (We currently do not use a PDM server). I can't find any setting in my config that drives the current location to C:\Prostart.

Does anyone know of a setting in config that will allow this?  Just FYI, I know that you can set it manually by right-clicking.

Thank you!

Creo 4.0 / M060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:erine)

Your initial working directory is based on your start in location.  This can be controlled by the shortcut used to start or it can be manually set by a .bat file.

If you want to force Creo to always open files from a particular location, take a look at the config option file_open_default_folder.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:erine)

Your initial working directory is based on your start in location.  This can be controlled by the shortcut used to start or it can be manually set by a .bat file.

If you want to force Creo to always open files from a particular location, take a look at the config option file_open_default_folder.

Top Tags