I' ve got an odd problem. I made an assembly and added several components.
With one component I tried to use "Set Representation to..." in combination with combined views.
But it did not worked as wanted, so I deleted all custom combined views and set SimpRep to Master. So far so good.
The party started, when I tried to make a BOM with a Web.Link script. The script works that way, that it list all components and counts them.
The BOM by script shows me a additional component, which I used to do the combined views testing and which I deleted from the assembly afterwards that testing.
The BOM by Creo's own "Tools" -> "Investigate" -> "BOM" is correct.
When I dig a little deeper and use Model Info for the assembly, I get this interesting screen shot attached to this question.
So how could I get rid of this not-listed-component?
BTW, I use Creo 2.0 M110
Solved! Go to Solution.
If you send me your assembly model I can easily do this for you. If it is proprietary, simply Suppress all the components and send me the .ASM file only. When you get it back you can Resume All the components and you'll be good as new.
Gavin B. Rumble, PE
You say the mystery component is not in your Model Tree...are you sure? Have you checked the Tree Filter settings to make sure that Suppressed objects are displayed?
mystery component is not retrieved (see Status column), check Master Representation.
I tried this in the first place, but all options are checked (even in "cabling", "piping", etc.).
Click Properties to see detailed information concerning Master Rep.
Firstly open mystery component and then the assembly. What happens ?
Open Case at PTC Support. They can investigate your data and repair them.
1) Properties of "master rep" shows main assembly with status "master rep".
2) the status of the model changes to "inactive"
3) could do that, but I want to understand this issue and know how to fix this on my own.
PTC Support can explain you how to resolve the problem on your own, if it is possible.
Sometimes data are corrupted and you cannot resolve the problem on your own, only PTC Support can do it (if it is possible).
Ok, here is the workaround of PTC - support:
ADD PART XXXXX
INTERNAL COMPONENT ID XX
PARENTS = XX(#XX)
3. Save the Assembly file"
But since I do not have a Pro/PROGRAM licence extension, this does not work for me.