Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo Parametric Script/Addon Authoring

SOLVED
Highlighted

Creo Parametric Script/Addon Authoring

Hello community,

I would like to ask for help. As I want to write my own script and run it within Creo Parametric 3.0. I would like to know if this is possible. By script, I mean something like an addon that (completely random example) selects a surface(e.g. by projection from a plane)/face and writes 3D letters upon this surface or such stuff. Of course it would be interesting for CAE/CAM menus as well, but for now I am only interested on a very specific thing on CAD and I am wondering if I have to switch to Inventor to do so in case I cannot stay on Creo (that I used for 4 years now and I would feel much more comfortable doing so).

So, is there such thing that I can add my own stuff into the software?

Thanks in advance,

PP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Creo Parametric Script/Addon Authoring

You will probably have to contact a VAR or PTC sales directly.

Try https://www.ptc.com/en/contact-us

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

I think "Toolkit", one of the modules in Creo can help you. 

Hello again,

Yes this should be the one. But I can't seem to spot it therefore I assume is something that I have not currentl;y installed. Can't seem to find on setup either though:ptc.jpg

I believe Toolkit is not part of Creo. It is a separate development environment that allows one to create plug-in modules for Creo. It will not appear on the list of Creo modules and is separately purchased and licensed.

You were both very helpful so far, thank you very much. BUT! I cannot seem to spot the software(for trial/buying/lincensing/whatever). I see only manuals/other pdfs, but not the actual software. I believe I should be searching for PTC Creo Object Toolkit Java (2.0 is the latest I think)?

Can you help me with this one?

You will probably have to contact a VAR or PTC sales directly.

Try https://www.ptc.com/en/contact-us

View solution in original post

Hi,

you will see Toolkit items when you click Customize button in installer window. Toolkit items are available in Creo Parametric "area". Some of them need special license, some are free.

Martin Hanák

Found it! Thank you very much. Any difference between the 3? I guess UI Editor is were the actual ribbon is built.

Is object toolkit C++ and Java the same (only different languages)?

What's the difference between them and parametric toolkit?

Which ones should I install if I want to build a custom ribbon for example with a few options to manipulate/transfort surfaces?

You've been the most helpful! Thanks!

@MartinHanak wrote:

Hi,

you will see Toolkit items when you click Customize button in installer window. Toolkit items are available in Creo Parametric "area". Some of them need special license, some are free.

Screenshot_20.jpg

Hi,

unfortunatelly three Toolkit items in red frame are not free. You have to buy a license to use them.

I am not Toolkit expert. Occasionally I use J-Link (it is free) to build small applications. When you install J-link you will find example applications somewhere in Creo installation directory (look for .java files).

To find J-link documentation, look for loadToolkitDoc.html (Creo 3.0) or loadApiWizard.html (Creo 4.0).

Martin Hanák

@MartinHanak wrote:

Hi,

unfortunatelly three Toolkit items in red frame are not free. You have to buy a license to use them.

I am not Toolkit expert. Occasionally I use J-Link (it is free) to build small applications. When you install J-link you will find example applications somewhere in Creo installation directory (look for .java files).

To find J-link documentation, look for loadToolkitDoc.html (Creo 3.0) or loadApiWizard.html (Creo 4.0).

I don't have a trial version. I have an educational one (slightly different) provided by my university. Though it allowed me to install this error appears. Does that mean my licence does not cover those addons?Screenshot_1.jpg

Announcements